If you’re trying to decide if virtualization is right for your organization, whether from an economic or technological standpoint, consider these reasons for taking the virtualization plunge:
- It saves money: Virtualization reduces the number of servers you have to run, which means savings on hardware costs and also on the total amount of energy needed to run hardware and provide cooling.
- It’s good for the environment: Virtualization is a green technology through and through. Energy savings brought on by widespread adoption of virtualization technologies would negate the need to build so many power plants and would thus conserve our earth’s energy resources.
- It reduces system administration work: With virtualization in place, system administrators would not have to support so many machines and could then move from firefighting to more strategic administration tasks.
- It gets better use from hardware: Virtualization enables higher utilization rates of hardware because each server supports enough virtual machines to increase its utilization from the typical 15% to as much as 80%.
- It makes software installation easier: With software vendors tending more and more towards delivering their products preinstalled in virtual machines (also known as virtual appliances), much of the traditional installation and configuration work associated with software will disappear.
At Red Alert, our team will work with you to drive innovation and encourage your business to be more competitive, striving towards success. Red Alert is always there when you need to make adjustments to your business network by offering a range of virtualization solutions designed to help the flexibility of your business.
These solutions include (but are not limited to):
- Server consolidation and storage consolidation solutions with a choice of virtualization technologies to improve efficiency and reduce ongoing costs – do more with less
- Virtualization management solutions - make it easier for your staff to support the key business priorities
- Data center automation solutions to reduce management costs and make execution of key tasks more consistent
- Optimized cloud delivery solutions so that applications can quickly respond to the demands of the business